One of the main goals of the Materiaalitori service is to promote the circular economy and the recovery of waste and side streams by providing operators in the field with a meeting place that enables those offering and needing recycled materials to find each other. Forming such industrial symbioses is a requirement for recycling materials.
Materiaalitori is used to bring together the material streams originating from Finland visibly to one site to create new ways to use the materials and ensure that more and more materials are recovered. Developing such a recycling market is key to also increasing the value of recycled materials. Recycling materials should be increasingly perceived as valuable raw materials to ensure that they are circulated for as long as possible.
A further aim is to create transparency in the use of the supplementary waste management service provided by municipalities, on which provisions are issued in the Waste Act, and indicating the lack of other service provision which is a prerequisite for obtaining the service.
Who can use the service?
Any organization with a business ID producing or utilising waste or side streams or offering related services can use Materiaalitori. Certain authorities can also use the service for managing their statutory duties. The service is not intended for private individuals, at least at this initial stage.
Your organization may be interested in using the Materiaalitori service if
- your activities produce waste or side streams that can be recovered
- you are looking for waste management services or specialist services in the field
- you are offering waste management services or specialist services in the field
- you are searching for recovered materials
- you might need the service based on the municipality’s supplementary obligation
- you are offering the service based on the municipality’s supplementary obligation
- you monitor or oversee the municipality’s service operations (authority)
- You are offering or searching for specialist services on circular economy
Materiaalitori – the platform for wastes and side streams
Materiaalitori.fi, the platform for wastes and side streams, is used as a tool for the professional exchange of waste and side streams from companies. Materiaalitori also allows searching for and offering related services, such as waste management and specialist services. Those working in the field can use Materiaalitori transparently and free of charge.
Johtava asiantuntija, Motiva Oy